SNC Ship Design currently has an opportunity for a Piping Designer – Marine Industry. This position is responsible for systems schematics, 3D piping modelling, incorporating equipment vendor data into the design and also layouts and piping drawings.
- Preparation of system diagrams (P&ID) and calculation in accordance with applicable regulations of the classification society,
- Piping coordination in 3D modeling software,
- Generates design and detail drawings, Isometrics and pipe support details utilizing 3D modeling software,
- Coordinates designs with other disciplines,
- Review drawings supplied by vendors,
- Travel to job site for field investigation (occasionally as required).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in piping drafting and design in marine industry,
- Experience with using 3D modeling software is required,
- Strong knowledge of piping design standards, specifications, guides and procedures,
- Working knowledge of recognized classification society (e.g. DNV-GL, BV, ABS, RINA),
- Good communication skills is required,
- MS office skills required (Word, Excel),
- Fluent English is required.